Field Agent (Francophone Africa)
Do you want to improve millions of lives and leave a lasting legacy at the same time? Do you want to use your talents and skills to make a difference and not just a living? Do you want to help feed the world now and in the future? Farmerline works to reinvent how the world thinks and invests in the lives of small-scale farmers. We are working to help farmers produce and sell food. We are bold and systemic thinkers but operate lean and nimble. Since 2013, Farmerline has directly helped farmers to improve their productivity and profit in Ghana and also provided technical support to other organizations to do the same. Farmerline started its operations serving 800 farmers in the Ashanti Region of Ghana with information via mobile information services. We have supported many organizations with our tools and knowledge to improve the way they work with farmers. Over the past 10 years, Farmerline and its partnership network has profiled and served over 1.7 million farmers and digitized over 4,000,000 acres of farmland across 18 countries in Africa. Farmerline is a learning organization and you will have the chance to apply your ideas and creativity to solve problems every day. If you work well in a dynamic collaborative culture, set high standards, and meet challenges with determination and a sense of humour, you’ll thrive at Farmerline. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from all candidates. We believe that diverse perspectives help our teams to create innovative solutions and understand our global clients’ needs. In alignment with our values, we are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse global workforce without discrimination.
Department and Location
Marketing and Communications
Head of Marketing and Comms
Suggested start date
Length of assignment
Agriculture Field Agents to implement day-to-day field level activities. The Field agent will collect farmer data and profile farmers for Farmerline. The ideal candidates should be passionate about agriculture and have experience working in rural communities. The Field Agents will be responsible for visiting farms, conducting surveys, and collecting data on farmers' demographics, crop yields, and farming practices.
- Conduct surveys and collect data on farmers' demographics, crop yields, and farming practices
- Build relationships with farmers and establish trust
- Educate farmers on best practices for crop cultivation
- Provide farmers with information on our organization's products and services
- Enter collected data into our organization's database
- Facilitating knowledge-sharing platforms and meetings for farmers.
- Regular monitoring of field-level activities, including identifying best practices for sharing, as well as lessons learnt and proposing corrective actions.
- Producing periodic reports on field-level activities, including reports on training, and demonstration plots.
- Data collection from field activities (training, demonstration plots, etc.).
- Document best practices, lessons learnt, and innovations from project implementation.
- Develop/strengthen district-level linkages
- Support coordination of and participation in field visits from partner staff.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Experience working in rural communities
- Knowledge of farming practices and crop cultivation
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Willingness to travel and work in remote areas
- Ability to use digital tools and platforms for data entry and management
- Experience working with smallholder farmers and farmer-based organizations (FBOs).
- Demonstrated personal accountability, integrity and drive to serve others.