Reports to: Director-Engineering & Design
Length of assignment: Full Time
Suggested start date: Immediately
Learn about Farmerline
Do you want to improve millions of lives and leave a lasting legacy at the same time? Do you want to use your talents and skills to make a difference and not just a living? Do you want to help feed the world now and in the future? Farmerline works to reinvent how the world thinks and invest in the lives of small-scale farmers. We are working to help farmers produce and sell food. We are bold and systemic thinkers but operate lean and nimble.
Since 2013, Farmerline has directly helped farmers to improve their productivity and profit in Ghana and also provided technical support to other organizations to do the same. Farmerline started its operations serving 800 farmers in the Ashanti Region of Ghana with information via mobile information services. We have supported many organizations with our tools and knowledge to improve the way they work with farmers. Over the past 7 years, Farmerline and its partnership network have profiled and served over 1,000,000 farmers and digitized over 1,000,000 acres of farmland across 16 countries in Africa.
Farmerline is a learning organization and you will have the chance to apply your ideas and creativity to solve problems every day. If you work well in a dynamic collaborative culture, set high standards, and meet challenges with determination and a sense of humor, you’ll thrive at Farmerline.
The Senior Mobile Engineer will take part in the development and implementation of functional mobile applications throughout the software development life cycle and offer excellent technical support. The engineer shall be a team player with a keen eye for details and possess exceptional problem-solving and debugging skills. Experience in Agile frameworks and working knowledge in relevant coding languages are essential. The goal will be to build efficient programs and systems that serve user needs.
- Support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release, and support)
- Produce fully functional mobile applications writing clean code
- Gather specific requirements and suggest solutions
- Write unit and UI tests to identify malfunctions
- Troubleshoot and debug to optimize performance
- Implement interfaces to improve user experience
- Liaise with the Product development team to plan new features
- Ensure new and legacy applications meet quality standards
- Research and suggest new mobile products, applications, and protocols
- Stay up-to-date with new technology trends
- Collaborating with web developers to build stable APIs
- Document user requirements, and specifications
- Analyze mobile devices and accordingly provide technical and functional recommendations
- Proven working experience as a mobile (Android) developer
- BSc. / MSc. in Computer Science or Engineering and any other related field.
- Hands-on experience in designing interactive applications
- Hands-on experience in building Android apps
- Strong experience in working with REST APIs
- Experience with version control systems
- Familiarity with OOP design principles
- Experience with test-driven development
- Excellent analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude
- Ability to document requirements and specifications