Learn about Farmerline
Do you want to improve millions of lives and leave a lasting legacy at the same time? Do you want to use your talents and skills to make a difference and not just a living? Do you want to help feed the world now and in the future? Farmerline works to reinvent how the world thinks and invests in the lives of small-scale farmers. We are working to help farmers produce and sell food. We are bold and systemic thinkers but operate lean and nimble.
Since 2013, Farmerline has directly helped farmers to improve their productivity and profit in Ghana and also provided technical support to other organizations to do the same. Farmerline started its operations serving 800 farmers in the Ashanti Region of Ghana with information via mobile information services. We have supported many organizations with our tools and knowledge to improve the way they work with farmers. Over the past 7 years, Farmerline and its partnership network has profiled and served over 500,000 farmers and digitized over 1,000,000 acres of farmland across 16 countries in Africa.
Farmerline is a learning organization and you will have the chance to apply your ideas and creativity to solve problems every day. If you work well in a dynamic collaborative culture, set high standards, and meet challenges with determination and a sense of humour, you’ll thrive at Farmerline.
Connecting farmers to reliable and fair markets is now Farmerline’s newest service(in addition to farmer training and agro-input financing) in creating lasting profit for the farmers we serve while creating jobs for community-led micro-entrepreneurs in the value chains we work in. For this, we are recruiting experienced agricultural/business professionals to support market access programs for farmers across the cereals, grains, tuber, plantain and vegetables value chains in Ghana. The specialist will work to strengthen existing partnerships while building new models to ensure farmers and community led entrepreneurs get the most revenue from their produce.
- Purchase Order Acquisition
- Leads in securing purchase orders from local and international food processors and exporters of major crops.
- Plans all crop marketing operations to ensure timely delivery of all purchase orders received in the required quality and quantities.
- Commodity Sourcing
- Identifies, profiles and builds a detailed national database of commodity suppliers (out grower businesses, aggregators, nucleus farmers and farmer groups) ahead of supplies.
- Engages suppliers to aggregate farm produce at the right time while ensuring high quality and reducing post harvest losses.
- Leveraging the Mergdata platform to predict yield, food quality and track product sourcing.
- Implements proven post harvest practices to enhance the shelf life of farm produce.
- Facilitates fair, timely and transparent payments to all farmers supplying to the micro-entrepreneurs and agribusinesses in Farmerline's network.
- Account Management for SMEs
- Works with other team members to build the capacity of suppliers to consistently supply commodities while increasing their business profitability.
- Integrates successful parts of the market access model into Farmerline’s operations and partnerships across Africa.
- Leads in aggregating and communicating market price information from major markets to key stakeholders especially farmers in our network.
- Coordinates the procurement of all off-taking and market-related logistics including storage and transportation.
- Develop impactful, cost effective and scalable market access models for all major crops grown in Ghana.
- Collaborates with other units to ensure all farmers receive adequate training, agro-inputs and prompt digital payments
- Bachelor's degree in agricultural science, agribusiness, supply chain management.
- Knowledge of the systemic challenges in agriculture value chains in Ghana, a passion for creating lasting solutions to them and ability to navigate farming communities.
- Project management skills and the ability to create and stick to timelines.
- 3-5 years of working experience in crop marketing in Ghana with experience in maize, soybeans, rice, and cashew, among other major crops in Ghana.
- Strong research and field experience in maize, rice, soybean, plantain, sorghum is required
- Proven experience in the use of mobile technology to facilitate market access.
- Strong business analysis, planning and financial management skills
- Excellent oral communication, writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to speak twi and multiple languages across northern Ghana is an added advantage