Location: Accra, Ghana
Suggested start date: Immediately
Reports to: Director of Engineering
Deadline: 20th April, 2018 (Early applications strongly encouraged)
Farmerline is a Ghanaian company that builds technologies to connect rural customers to information, financial tools, and supply chains. Over the past three years, Farmerline has built a profitable social business, software technology, and partnership network reaching over 200,000 farmers across 11 countries. Farmerline is a dynamic and quickly growing company with offices in Accra and Kumasi, Ghana, and operations in Sierra Leone, Cameroon, Nigeria, Malawi and other African countries.
We are looking for a qualified Mobile developer to join our Engineering team. You will be working with our engineers to develop and maintain high quality mobile applications.
If you’re passionate about mobile platforms and translating code into user-friendly apps, we would like to meet you. As a Mobile developer, you’ll collaborate with internal teams to develop functional mobile applications, while working in a fast-paced environment.
Ultimately, you should be able to design and build the next generation of our mobile applications.
- Execute full Software Development Life Cycle.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code.
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility.
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system.
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures.
- Document and maintain software functionality.
- Tailor and deploy software tools, processes and metrics.
- Comply with project plans and industry standards.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Proven working experience as a mobile developer.
- BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering and any other related field.
- Hands on experience in designing interactive applications.
- Ability to develop software in C#, Java, Objective-C or similar languages.
- Experience with Android development ( familiarity with iOS development is a plus).
- Familiarity with OOP design principles.
- Experience with test-driven development.
- Excellent analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude.
- Ability to document requirements and specifications.
- Competitive Salary.
- Health Insurance.
- A leadership team and colleagues invested in your personal and professional growth.
- Dynamic, young culture with great opportunities for learning, leadership, and FUN.
How to apply
To apply, please send us your resume and the details requested below through our online job application portal by 20th April, 2018. Visit the portal and select the appropriate position at www.farmerline.co/vacancies. The details should include:
- Your earliest availability for a Skype interview
- Your earliest available relocation date to our Accra or Kumasi office, if not based here.
- A paragraph describing your relevant experience and interest in the position. Please include prior experience in agriculture/ICT sector, if any, and relevant business development experience.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by the Farmerline team. Unfortunately, we may not have the capacity to answer individual candidate questions until qualified candidates reach the interview stage.