Location: Accra, Ghana
Suggested start date: Immediately
Reports to: Director of Engineering
Deadline: Early applications strongly encouraged
Farmerline is a Ghanaian company that builds technologies to connect rural customers to information, financial tools, and supply chains. Over the past three years, Farmerline has built a profitable social business, software technology, and partnership network reaching over 200,000 farmers across 11 countries. Farmerline is a dynamic and quickly growing company with offices in Accra and Kumasi in Ghana and operations in Sierra Leone, Cameroon, Nigeria, Malawi and other African countries.
The UX/UI Designer will work closely with the Corporate Services and Farmer Services teams to define and implement innovative solutions for all product directions, visuals and experience. The designer will be a team player with a keen eye for detail and possess exceptional problem-solving skills. He/She will be responsible for conceptualizing and delivering new and existing feature designs and producing the required assets necessary for the implementation of those concept designs.
- Balance product, development and user-centered goals to help design overall product experience.
- Develop storyboards, mockups and sketches to communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Assess the usability of products and make constructive suggestions for improvement.
- Collaborating with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience.
- Executing all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering.
- Create, improve and use wireframes, prototypes, style guides, user flows, and effectively communicate your interaction ideas using any of these methods.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Proven experience as a product (mobile/web) designer.
- Bachelor degree in either Communication Design, Interactive Design, Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science or Engineering, or any other related field.
- Hands on experience in designing interactive applications and prototypes.
- Prior experience in front end technologies like HTML / CSS.
- Strong experience using tools like Photoshop/Figma/invision/marvelapp, adobe XD etc. with focus on user experience.
- Excellent analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude
- Competitive Salary.
- Health Insurance.
- A leadership team and colleagues invested in your personal and professional growth.
- Dynamic, young culture with great opportunities for learning, leadership, and FUN.
How to apply
To apply, please send us your resume and the details requested below through our online job application portal by 6th July, 2018. Visit the portal and select the appropriate position at www.farmerline.co/careers. The details should include:
- Your earliest availability for a Skype interview
- Your earliest available relocation date to our Accra or Kumasi office, if not based here.
- A paragraph describing your relevant experience and interest in the position. Please include prior experience in agriculture/ICT sector, if any, and relevant business development experience.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by the Farmerline team.
Unfortunately, we may not be able to answer individual candidate questions until qualified candidates reach the interview stage.