Location: Accra, Ghana
Suggested start date: Immediately
Length of assignment: At least 2 years with opportunity to extend based on performance
Reports to: CTO
Deadline: 27th October, 2017 (Early applications strongly encouraged)
Farmerline is a for-profit Ghanaian company that builds technologies to connect rural customers to information, financial tools, and supply chains. Over the past three years, Farmerline has built a profitable social business, software technology, and partnership network reaching over 200,000 farmers across 11 countries. Farmerline is a dynamic and quickly growing company with offices in Accra and Kumasi, Ghana, and operations in Sierra Leone, Cameroon, Nigeria, Malawi and other African countries.
The Developer Associate will have to be able to build and implement functional softwares.The Associate will work with other Developers throughout the software development life cycle.
In this role, the Associate should be a team player with a keen eye for detail and problem-solving skills. The Associate should also have experience in Agile frameworks and popular coding languages. The goal is to build efficient programs and systems that serve Farmerline clients’ needs.
Experience & Qualifications
- Proven working experience in software engineering.
- BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering and any other related field.
- Hands on experience in designing interactive applications
- Ability to develop software in PHP, Ruby, C, C++, C#, Java or similar languages
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, MySQL and ORM technologies
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (Laravel, CakePHP , Ruby on Rails)
- Experience in Front-End web Development ( HTML5, CCS3, JQuery, Bootstrap)
- Experience with test-driven development
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- Execute full Software Development Life Cycle
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Tailor and deploy software tools, processes and metrics
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
- Competitive Salary
- Health Insurance
- Shared Vehicle available
- A leadership team and colleagues invested in your personal and professional growth.
- Dynamic, young culture with great opportunities for learning, leadership, and FUN
How to apply
To apply, please send us your resume and details by completing the form on this page. Your details should include:
- Your earliest availability for a Skype chat
- Your earliest available relocation date to our Accra or Kumasi office, if not based here.
- A paragraph describing your relevant experience and interest in the position. Please include prior experience in agriculture/ICT sector, if any, and relevant business development experience.
The Farmerline team will contact only short-listed candidates. Unfortunately, we may not have the capacity to answer individual candidate questions until qualified candidates reach the interview stage.