Location: Accra, Ghana
Suggested start date: Immediately
Length of assignment:12 months with opportunity to extend based on performance.
Reports to: Head of Corporate Services.
Farmerline is a for-profit Ghanaian company that builds technologies to connect rural customers to information, financial tools, and supply chains. Over the past three years, Farmerline has built a profitable social business, software technology, and partnership network reaching over 200,000 farmers across 5 countries. Farmerline is a dynamic and quickly growing company with offices in Accra and Kumasi, Ghana, and operations in Sierra Leone, Cameroon, Nigeria, and Malawi.
The Communications Associate
The Communications Associate will be the go-to team member for creating Farmerline’s
public-facing content. The Associate will be a leader in sharing Farmerline’s voice, its
successes, challenges, and services to key audiences such as potential clients, customers, investors, and advocates. They will shape and execute this strategy using a variety of approaches including web and social media tools, marketing campaigns, and offline materials. A strong Communications Associate is both a self-starter and a team player, has strong written and verbal communications skills, and is passionate about sharing Farmerline’s story with audiences worldwide.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Shape and execute a communications strategy to share Farmerline’s story and services to diverse audiences, such as potential clients, customers, investors, and advocates, using a variety of approaches, such as web and social media tools, newsletters, marketing campaigns, and offline materials.
- Research, identify, and build relationships with potential new clients, leveraging a variety of approaches including events, conference,networking, and cold calling.
- Continuously search for opportunities for sales growth by researching new markets, communications channels, and strategies.
- Work closely across Farmerline’s business team, design team, and tech team to translate information, lessons, experiences into written content and materials to improve company visibility
- Manage social media accounts, web content, and newsletters, increasing
- Farmerline’s online audience and engagement
- Write and contribute to the design of offline content such as videos, brochures, reports, and marketing materials
- Take initiative to lead new projects and teams to quickly develop new content as needed
- Track user engagement using online analytical tools to continuously monitor and improve the effectiveness of the communications strategy
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-5 years of experience in communications, marketing, or advertising preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communicator. Fluency in English required.
- Professional proficiency in French is an asset
- Self-starter who is effective working both independently and as part of a team
- Analytical appetite to use data to continuously improve strategies
- Fast and flexible, with attention to detail. Enjoys working in a dynamic,start-up-style environment
- Fits Farmerline’s passionate, motivated, collaborative, and mission-driven culture
- Reports to the Director of International Corporate Sales
- Works across all Farmerline teams: the impact team, business development team,service resources, tech team and management
- Posting in Accra or Kumasi, Ghana
Start date: Immediately
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance provided
- Shared car available
- A leadership team and colleagues invested in your personal and professional growth
- Dynamic, young culture with great opportunities for learning, leadership, and FUN
How to apply
To apply, please send us your resume and the details requested below through our online job application portal by 27th January. Visit the portal and select the appropriate position at ww.farmerline.co/vacancies. The details should include:
(a) Your earliest availability for a Skype chat.
(b) Your earliest available relocation date to our Accra office, if not based here.
(c) A paragraph describing your relevant experience and interest in the position. Please include prior experience in agriculture/ICT sector, if any, and relevant business development experience.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by the Farmerline team. Unfortunately, we may not have the capacity to answer individual candidate questions until qualified candidates reach the interview stage.